As seen on Essential Retail.
The shortlist for RBTE’s Innovation Trail & Awards 2017 has been announced.
RBTE exhibitors were invited to submit their entries to take part in the awards, sponsored by Aptos, earlier this year. The entries were reviewed by an independent judging panel of experts which included: Marcel Borlin, CTO of Carpetright; Jason Cook, head of IT at Neal’s Yard Remedies; Kash Ghedia, head of technology at Dixons Carphone; Keiron Smith, digital director at Blackwells and Ian Woosey, CIO at Brakes, as well as consultant, Chris Hughes and managing partner of RSR Research, Brian Kilcourse.
The shortlisted entries will be featured in the Innovation Trail at RBTE, and highlighted on the ‘Winners Wall’, with the overall winner being announced at RBTE on the first day (Monday 8 May) at the Dilax Big Party in the Gloodoo Champagne Bar at 4.45pm.
The judging panel selected the following 16 innovations for the shortlist:
- Checkpoint Systems: EVOLVE-Store™
- Infrared Integrated Systems ltd: Vector 4D
- Itim: VIP app
- Klarna: Klarna Checkout, Klarna Payments
- Kore.ai: Kore.ai Bots Platform, Smart Bots (including bots for SAP applications), and Messaging Platform
- MariElla Labels Oy: EllaFashion
- Omnico Group: Retail Mobile Self-scan App, powered by Omnico.
- Qmatic UK Ltd: Qmatic M8
- SmartPixels: Projected Augmented Reality
- Tag Retail Systems: Tap&Tag
- Toshiba Retail: Touchless Checkout
- Tubular Systems Limited: Tubular System
- Tulip Retail: Tulip Retail Mobile Associate App
- Tyco Integrated Fire & Security: Tyco Retail RFID Fitting Room
- Xhockware, S.A: YouBeep
- Zebra Technologies: Zebra SmartSense™ for Retail
Matt Bradley, RBTE event director. Said: “The competition for the awards this year has been fierce. The level of entries was of an exceptional standard, and were substantial and diverse. The innovation programme at RBTE always attracts a lot of attention with the shortlisted companies attracting a lot of attention at the show. This is a great opportunity to see the very best retail innovation all in one place.”
Richard Willis, VP solutions management EMEA, Aptos, added: “Aptos is extremely proud to sponsor the RBTE Innovation Trail and Awards. These awards showcase the most innovative, exciting and successful retail technology initiatives out there – setting a benchmark for the very best in the industry. Innovation has become central to retail and retailers are shaping our future. More than any other industry, retail is at the forefront of new consumer, social, economic and technology trends. At Aptos, innovation is in our DNA and we work with leading retailers to help keep them ahead of the pack. We understand the day-to-day challenges they face and help them to bring in new technologies to support their people, grow their business and deliver the levels of service their customers expect.”